Before school got out for Mommy, we celebrated Ayden's baptism at our church, Christ the Lord Lutheran. Both Aunt Jillian and Uncle Scott came since they are our Godparents. The pictures at the top are from the service and the pictures at the bottom are from afterwards.

We've been having so much fun already this summer. Grandpa Dennis and Molly (his dog) came to visit us for the weekend and I absolutely loved having them both here with us. Next summer Grandpa Dennis said that he would take me on his boat and teach me how to fish, I can't wait! During his visit we also put Ayden in the water for the first time, Mommy says he did better than I did the first time I got in the water, but I think she's crazy. Here are some pictures of both of our first times, what do you think, did I do better or did he?

Earlier this month, we went down to Tybee Island for vacation. We went down last year and had so much fun, that we decided to head back down there for another week.

Every morning, we would get up, load our bikes down with all of our beach stuff, and head for the beach. Once we got there Mommy and Ayden would continue riding down the beach, while Daddy and I hit the water. When they got back Mommy and Daddy would get the umbrella set up for Ayden and then they would take turns playing with me in the water and on the beach. If you were on Tybee beach early in June, this is what you probably saw when you walked on the beach . . .

What do ya think? Did we have it made or what? Ayden loved the beach, they would prop him up on towels and within a few minutes he scooted down so that he could put his feet in the sand and play. He would have to get changed when we would get back home, since he would have so much sand in his clothes and diaper.



Daddy would bring his "surfboard" (body board) and we would play on it everyday. Sometimes I would ride on it and he would pull me through the waves crashing on the beach, other times, he and I would ride the waves in the ocean.

After we would play at the beach all morning, we would head back to the house to eat lunch and take a nap. After our naps we would get our bathing suits back on and head back to the beach, only this time without our bikes. We would set up on another part of the beach, Nuggie (that's what we call Ayden, it's short for Nugget) would lay under the umbrella and I would play in the water. Mommy did take Ayden to the water a few times, but he didn't really think it was as much fun as I did.
One afternoon, before we went back to the beach, we went on a Dolphin Watching boat ride. I love, love, loved it! It was so much fun and it was my first time on a boat. Nuggie slept the whole time, so he didn't see much, but Mommy, Daddy, and I got to see lots of dolphins, big container ships, and even the Little Tybee Lighthouse. The ride lasted for a little over an hour, but after about 45 minutes, I was done, unfortunately I couldn't get off the boat, so I was a little fussy towards the end, but overall I had a great time.


Mommy wanted us to get a good family picture on the beach, so the last day we were there, after breakfast at the Breakfast Club, we headed to the beach for a family photo, unfortunately it didn't turn out like Mommy wanted, not to mention the fact that as soon as the picture snapped, I would race Mommy to the camera to see it. These are a few of our attempts . . .
and here is the winning family beach picture of 2011 and it was taken after we had been to the beach one afternoon and were leaving to head back to the house. 
We had so much fun and Ayden and I can't wait to got back again next year. Mommy and Daddy are thinking about running in the Tybee Turtle Trot, in April, so maybe we'll be back sooner!

Yes, I'm in my underwear! How else do you expect me to play on the beach when we leave my swimsuit at home?
Love you, Connor (& Ayden)


2 comments:
Love, love, love the beach pictures. Esp the one of CJ and Connor in the wave and Connor in his undies- I'm sure they are Cars :)
Of course they are Cars, would there be anything else? Can't wait to see you in a few days, I miss you and staff development wasn't they same without you!
Post a Comment