At first I wasn't so happy, especially with all the clothes they put on me, I mean come on, I had two pairs of pants, a shirt, a hoodie, a heavy jacket, a sock hat, two hoods, and mittens. I think that's a little much! Mommy carried me out, since there was no way I was going to be able to walk in all those clothes and Daddy took our pictures. Aren't we cute?

When we first got outside, I kind of liked the white stuff falling from the sky, then it got on my face and in my eyes and I couldn't see, so I wasn't happy. Mommy stood me up in the snow so I could see what was on the ground and they could take my picture. Mommy laughed and said I looked like the kid from "A Christmas Story." I don't know who that is, but I think I'm going to have to check it out.
Right after this picture of me was taken, I just fell backwards into the snow; thanks to all the clothes I couldn't balance real well. Daddy laughed and said I was making snow angels, at this point the snow was pelting me in the face and I couldn't roll over, again that's to Mommy and Daddy and all the clothes they out me in, so I started screaming and they just kept laughing at me - some parents I have, jeesh!
When I calmed down Daddy made me a snow kid in the front yard. Here we are with him. He kind of scared me a little, but Daddy calmed me down and we took our picture with him.

Shortly after we went back inside to warm up the power cut off, Mommy told me it was just temporary, but I didn't care all my toys have batteries so I was still able to play all afternoon. By the time dinner rolled around, the lights still weren't on so Mommy and Daddy lit these things called candles all over the house; the light they made was very pretty, but I couldn't touch them, Mommy said it would hurt. That night we camped out in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom; that morning when it got colder we huddled up together under the big down comforter and I got to sleep in the middle. That next morning we took a ride in the big truck to see all of the snow and to see how much of the town didn't have power. When Daddy went to work later that morning Mommy and I went over to Mrs. Beth and Mr. Randy's to keep wrn in front of their wood stove. That night we went over to Mr. Eric and Mrs. Laura's to spend the night in a warm house and take a warm bath. I slept in my new friend Wyatt's bed and he let me borrow two of his stuff animals to keep me company in the bed.
Luckily, when we got home on Tuesday night we had power and we didn't have to go to anyone elses house and spend the night. I slept like a log, since I was finally able to sleep in my own bed again.


No comments:
Post a Comment